Stay in New York
Presented by Art F City
Jun 27 2015
Is your rent too high? Are you losing your space? Is your landlord unreasonable? Do you want to do something about it?
Attend Stay in New York, an affordable workspace conference that aims to give New Yorkers the tools to help create better neighborhoods, find and keep their rents low, and even purchase real estate and studio space.
Knowledge is power. This conference includes:
- Three panel discussions on community organizing, ownership, and tenant’s rights.
- Two film screenings and opportunities to get advice on workspace concerns from arts-friendly professionals such as lawyers and realtors.
- A keynote between two of the cities most influential cultural figures to be announced along with other special activities.
Confirmed Speakers include: Chloe Bass, Nat Roe, Shawn McLearen, Ambre Kelly, Tamara Greenfield, Jenny Dubnau, Eve Sussman, William Powhida, Adam Forman, Risa Shoup, and Deborah Brown.
Let’s make sure that the cultural workers who have made New York so great don’t become casualties of the city’s growing pains. Join us. Talk, plot, and make some noise.
If you weren’t able to make it to this year’s conference, the livestream has been captured below:
- Community, Gentrification, and Displacement
- Securing Affordable Workspace, Activism, and Lobbying
- Ownership for Artists