International Yoga Day 2017
Jun 10 2017
Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and nature. Let us work towards making International Yoga Day a success for the third time in a row at the Queens Museum. June 21 was declared as the International Day of Yoga by the United Nations General Assembly. Yoga, a 6,000+ year-old physical, mental and spiritual practice having its origin in India, aims to transform body and mind.
Please join us and bring your yoga mats to the Unisphere by the Queens Museum for yoga demonstrations by internationally renowned Practitioners.
– 10:00 AM: Meet and Greet;
– 10:20 AM: Welcome Speech by Host Niti Kapoor and Dignitaries;
– 10:30 AM: National Anthems by Smita Bose Guha and Amrita Guha;
– 10:38 AM: Speech by Honorable Ambassador Riva Ganguly Das, Consul General of India;
– 10:40 AM: Guruji Dileepkumar Thankappan Surya Namashkar;
– 10:55 AM: Art of Living, Pranayam and Meditative State Through Breathing Techniques;
– 11:11 AM: Amit Dixit, South Asian Arts and Cultural Council, US India Yoga Relationships; – 11:15 AM: Douglass Stewart, Times Square Alliance, Yoga Techniques;
– 11:30 AM: Brahma Kumaris, Raj Yoga Meditation Techniques;
– 11:45 AM: Chinmay Patankar and Group, Mallakhamb Federation of the USA;
12:00 PM: Closing remarks and Thank you Speeches